buy modafinil switzerland Kataifi pastry is one of those ingredients that can give any dish a magical middle eastern vibe (like rose water, cumin, and figs). No matter how you use it, it will look exotic and luxurious on your dinner table. I bet you didn’t know how versatile it is though.
buy dapoxetine cheap Since I have some pastry left, I will make a classic kunefe tomorrow. Today I experimented, and here is the awesome result.
I bet you haven’t had meat pie like this before.
You can make one large pie or many little ones. My favorite version, of course, is something in-between. Cut this recipe in half and make it in a small pie pan for the perfect meze to share with friends.
- 250 g. (8 4/5 oz.) kataifi (shredded pastry)
- 100 g. (3 1/2 oz.) butter
- olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- a few sprigs of parsley, chopped, divided
- 1/4 kilo (8 4/5 oz.) minced pork
- 1/4 kilo (8 4/5 oz.) minced beef
- 1/2 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp. tomato puree
- cinnamon, chili powder, sweet paprika, black and white pepper, and salt to taste
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced
- Greek yogurt and sweet paprika, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F).
- Melt the butter.
- Grease the bottom of a large pie pan or 8-10 small individual pans with butter.
- Separate and fluff the kataifi pastry to make it light and airy, and place half in the pie pan/s. Press into a finger-thick even layer/s.
- Drizzle the kataifi with half of the remaining butter, and place in the oven for about 20 minutes; or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the filling.
- Sauté the onions and parsley (save some for serving) in a bit of olive oil in a large pan. Add the minced meat and brown.
- Add the bouillon cube, wine, and tomato puree. Season to taste with the spices. Let simmer until most of the liquid is gone.
- When the minced meat is done, pour it onto a plate and set aside. Add a splash of olive oil to the pan (don't clean the pan) and sauté your mushrooms until brown and softened. Set aside.
- When the kataifi base/s is/are crisp and golden, it's time to assemble. Add the minced meat and a single layer of mushrooms. Top with the remaining kataifi pastry, and press lightly to make it even. Drizzle with the remaining butter, and return to the oven.
- Bake for another 20 minutes; ur until golden.
- Serve the pie with a dusting of sweet paprika, a sprinkle of parsley, and dollops of Greek yogurt.