http://oceanadesigns.net/wp-json/ I first had this version of a Caprese salad at a seaside tapas place in Barcelona years ago. That one had baby potatoes in it as well, and was served as a tapas dish on a tiny plate. What instantly hit me was how it was the perfect Caprese version to serve in larger volumes. The added leafy greens makes it look perfectly at home in a large salad bowl.
http://pykmax.com/tag/video-2 For added flair, use tomatoes in various colors.
- 500 g (18 oz.) cherry tomatoes
- 2 mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup finely sliced spring onion
- 1/2 cup black Kalamata olives
- 2 heaping tbsp. pesto
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half.
- Dice the mozzarella into half inch cubes.
- Mix the pesto with a splash of extra virgin olive oil, the onions, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, and olives.
- Serve at room temperature.