buy modafinil brisbane Baked eggs are one of those dishes I love to have for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. Add some good country bread and the meal is complete.
These baked eggs include one of my favorite Mediterranean ingredients; soutzouki. I get mine at Miran – a place I would recommend any visitors to Athens to pay a visit to. They sell traditional soutzouki, pastourma, and other cured meats and cheeses from all over Greece. It’s the perfect Greek souvenirs!
- 1 cup good tomato sauce
- about 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large egg
- a 2 inch piece of soutzouki, sliced
- 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. parmesan, grated
- oregano, salt, and pepper, to taste
- Pour the tomato sauce into a small baking dish, and top with the feta cheese.
- Pierce the cherry tomatoes with a fork and add them to the sauce. Place the sliced soutzouki in the sauce around the edges of the dish, using a spoon to make a shallow well in the center of the dish.
- Crack the egg into the center of the dish. Season with oregano, salt and pepper (keeping in mind the saltiness of the feta when adding salt). Top with the parmesan.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven until the egg white is set but the yolk is still gooey.
- Enjoy with crusty bread.