buy Lyrica online usa A Greek meze in it’s purest form, is a small plate of olives, perhaps accompanied by some graviera cheese or cucumber slices. It is served with your ouzo, raki, or tsipouro at the old-fashioned cafés (kafeneia), and enjoyed by our grandparents on their front porch whenever they have unexpected company.
I like to marinate my olives, and serve them warm. It makes this back to basics meze seem a little more planned and luxurious. Serve these with some good crusty bread and a glass of wine, and your guests will be as happy as clams.
- 1 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 thumb sized strips of lemon zest
- 2 hot chilies
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- good extra virgin olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients with a good splash of olive oil to a saucepan over low heat.
- Heat the olives slowly until all of the ingredients are fragrant. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Store the olives in an airtight container in the fridge.
- When time to serve, warm the olives in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Serve with white wine and good crusty country style bread.